WCSS22 is expected to proceed as planned
As the health and wellbeing of Congress attendees is our foremost priority, we will continue to monitor the situation, and make decisions based on the latest public health guidelines as we move closer to the Congress in 2022.
Check back regularly with this website, or subscribe to the Congress newsletter to be the first to receive updates and announcements.
Coronavirus remains a serious health risk and we are and will continue to follow the guidance of the Scottish Government in relation to precautions required for holding events.
- In line with Scottish Government guidelines, face coverings are mandatory at all times during an event, unless exempt or eating/drinking.
- Sanitising stations will be available throughout the venue for your use. We encourage delegates attending the congress to sanitise their hands regularly.
- Please act responsibly and be considerate to other delegates, giving them time and space where possible to move around, understanding we all have different needs.
- Following Government advice, you should not attend an event if you have tested positive for COVID, are displaying symptoms or are required to self-isolate. Click here for more information on COVID symptoms.
- Ahead of attending, we recommend that all visitors take a rapid lateral flow test. Tests are available here.
What the venue is doing:
- Ventilation has been increased, improving fresh air circulation by changing their air handling units to draw in fresh air, as opposed to recirculating air.
- They have enhanced all cleaning throughout the venue before, during and after your visit. With a focus on high touch point areas.
- SEC venues operate a cashless system. They will only accept contactless or card payments at food & drink outlets, merchandise sales points and cloakroom.
- The SEC are supporting the Check in Scotland service and ask you to scan the QR codes on display at all entry points.
The Scottish Government uses a risk assessment for international travel. This affects both residents of Scotland on their return and overseas visitors. We ask all delegates to ensure they are aware of any potential travel restrictions and requirements you may be required to follow for travelling to Scotland.
For further information in regard to the current Scottish Government restrictions, please visit their website:
Please note the congress will not be held liable for any additional costs associated with attending the congress due to Coronavirus restrictions that may apply to your country of origin.